Saturday, July 20

Unattended Cooking Sends One to Hospital After Home Catches Fire

HOUSTON, TEXAS – April 29, 2024 – One person was hospitalized following a house fire caused by unattended cooking on Sunday afternoon.

The fire occurred in the 1300 block of Ruthven St., 77019, at approximately 4:15 p.m.

According to the Houston Fire Department, the resident was able to escape the home before firefighters arrived but was taken to a nearby hospital for smoke inhalation. HFD estimates the damage to the home to be about $100,000.

Advertisement

Leave a Reply